This Sunday (27th March) is Mother’s Day and Newspage, in association with local shopping platform, ShopAppy, asked 30 mums who run their own businesses to discuss the challenges they face each day. We asked them a selection of questions (below).
- What are the main challenges you’re facing right now as a business or charity owner?
- What are the specific challenges you face as a mum running a business or charity?
- How optimistic are you in the current climate (cost of living crisis, rising interest rates, rising fuel and energy prices, rising everything)?
- Do you have a strategy for riding out the turbulence that lies ahead?
- Despite all the uncertainty, are you still glad that you are your own boss?
- What are the key traits that have helped you succeed to date?
- What tips would you give to another mum thinking of starting her own business or charity?
- Overall, do you find you have the right work/life balance?
Their responses can be seen below.